Lots of twins and a little Cousins


  • This year, it was discovered that two British twins unknowingly married each other. Each twin was adopted into a separate family and were never told they had a twin. After the discovery, their marriage was annulled. Their names and the length of the marriage is being withheld. Source.
  • In the United States, marriage between cousins is illegal in 24 states. Seven states permit marriage between cousins only under specific circumstances. In Utah, cousins may marry once they are both over 65, or both over 55 and sterile. A selected list of famous people who married their first cousins: Jesse James, H.G. Wells, Charles Darwin, Edgar Allen Poe and Jerry Lee Lewis. Source. Source.
  • Kylie Hodgson and Remi Horder both have white mothers and black fathers. As can be seen in the picture above, their twins were born with different skin colors. "According to the Multiple Births Foundation, baby Kian must have inherited the black genes from both sides of the family, whilst Remee inherited the white ones." While this is not an isolated case, it remains rare with odds of a million to one. Source.
  • If two pairs of identical twins married and had children, all of their children would be genetic siblings. Source.
  • In 2002, seventy-seven-year-old Finnish twin brothers both died within an hour on the same road. The first twin was riding his bike and was hit by a truck and killed. Two hours later, his twin brother was also killed by a truck while riding his bike. They died within .93 miles (1.5 km) of one another. Police officer Marja-Leena Huhtala said, "It made my hair stand on end when I heard the two were brothers, and identical twins at that. It came to mind that perhaps someone from upstairs ad a say in this."Source.
  • "When Barbara and Daphne, also identical twins, were reunited at the age of 39, each arrived wearing a beige dress and a brown velvet jacket." Source.
  • James Springer and James Lewis were identical twins who were separated at birth. When reunited, they shared some similarities. Each had married and divorsed a Linda, then married a Betty. Both named their childhood dogs Troy. And one had named his firstborn son James Alan while the other had named his James Allen. Source
By the way, I am going on vaccation, but have scheduled really good posts for the 12th and the 20th. I will have a computer where I am going, but will probably be too busy having fun. Thank you for reading.

24 comments:

thekingpin68 said...

Kylie Hodgson and Remi Horder both have white mothers and black fathers. As can be seen in the picture above, their twins were born with different skin colors.

Fascinating.

~Angela~ said...

All of that was fascinating to me. Great post!

AY@tes said...

I love twins. I have sisters who are twins and the stuff they did growing up made me want to find myself a twin so I could have that much fun.

One would take a sick day, the other would skip school, walk home and sneak in the bedroom window. They would switch clothes when they needed to leave the room. Needless to say, they got busted.

odd facts said...

thekingpin68: I try.
angela: Thanks.
ay@tes: I think it would be interesting to be a twin, but I would get tired of the question, "So, are you guys telepathic?"

AY@tes said...

Actually, thats where the fun can begin.

I think I'll stop commenting now, as the more I talk, the more I sound like a complete ass.

I can't help it if I enjoy messing with people

i beati said...

I am so jealous I am going to spit and throw a hissy fit vacation you lucky dog - biking or just sightseeing. My grandmother Dora and her sister Nora were twins.One had 2 children, one 14 - the one with 14 died at 86 .My grandmother at 103 . They would call each other on the phone knowing what the opther would want to say .Thye were so kind and loving to each other ..sk

i beati said...

now you've hooked me I had to mark the 12th and 20th on my calendar but you already knew that - demon man enjoy sandy

odd facts said...

ay@tes: :)
i beati: Visiting old family friends.
And I love your story, it's so heartwarming.
On the calender? Wow. I'd better live up to it. (I really like the next post.)

AY@tes said...

vacation? I hope its someplace warm and sunny, other wise it should be some place cold and damp. Those are the only two kinds of vacations that I feel exist.

Cold & Damp = England. :-)

odd facts said...

ay@tes: It iwll be warm and damp. (Ever heard of humidity?). I wouldn't mind England though.

AY@tes said...

Humidity? I've heard of it. In fact, I'm from the area that helped create reverse humidity. Where else can you be where its -12C out side and it feels like -20C with the humidity? YAY Canada!

Jaimie @ Just Kiss 'N Makeup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baba Doodlius said...

Twins married each other and didn't know it. That's just gotta seriously suck! "Oh Phil, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you and you're great in the sack" - and then you find out he's your brother! AAAAAAAGH!

odd facts said...

ay@tes: Wow. What foreign planet are you descibing?
jamie: I strive to be obscure.
baba doodilus: I know! I feel very sorry for those poor people and am very glad their names were kept public.I could not imagine.

AY@tes said...

Its not a foreign planet. Though, there are probably some people who would think that we were all pretty strange living up here in our Igloos with Polar Bears tied to our front door.

Katman said...

odd facts - i realy hope you have a great vacation. There's always special about visiting family.

twins are great,but i'd hate to have them as kids! gosh,we struggle with having one at a time!!

baba doodlius - got to agree with you. Keeping it in the family is up there in the 'pretty weird' department.

ay@tes - only been to Ottawa & Niagara falls in your wonderful country. Trust me, you hae better weather. At least you cold is a dry cold; ours is a clingy horrible wet cold.

angela - i agree. strangely fascinating though!

odd facts said...

katman: Thanks. My vaccation has been great so far. And I agree about the twins.

odd facts said...

katman: Thanks. My vaccation has been great so far. And I agree about the twins.

odd facts said...

katman: Thanks. My vaccation has been great so far. And I agree about the twins.

Johanna said...

Wow, that's fascinating! :o I'm doing a job about twins and siblings :D

odd facts said...

Johanna: That sounds interesting. Hope I helped.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

odd facts said...

Thank you, anonymous. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!