ouch



At Old Man Rock Cafe in Queenstown, New Zealand, Sarah Ferguson was served dishwashing detergent instead of mulled wine. When Ms. Ferguson's lips and mouth began to burn, she spit it out. A cafe worker, Bethany Sim, offered to taste the liquid with similar results, receiving burns and possible scarring. The dishwashing detergent had been delivered to the restaurant in a mulled wine container. The incident occurred last July, but the restaurant faces sentencing next month.
<"Under New Zealand's no-fault accident law, victims do not sue for damages. Instead, treatment costs and income loss are met by the country's Accident Compensation scheme."
Source

5 comments:

R.E.H. said...

Eeew! That would certainly be an unwelcomed surprise!

odd facts said...

I'm certainly going to be more careful.

coopernicus said...

Good thing she didn't try the "steak"...

satire and theology said...

Sarah Ferguson was served dishwashing detergent instead of mulled wine. When Ms. Ferguson's lips and mouth began to burn, she spit it out.

That is as bad as hot soup in the lap.

odd facts said...

coopernicus: Ack!
satire and theology: Never had.