Hissssssss



For eighty dollars, you can buy a "Giant Madagascar Hissing Cockroach Brooch" from clothing-store Black Chandelier. This live cockroach has Austrian Swarovski crystal on its non-sensitive hood and is worn on a leash. The "jewelry" lives about one year, doubles as a pet and comes with care instructions.
Inventor Jared Gold says, "Design without humor is pretentious and soul crushing. . . You kind of bond with the little buddy. They like the warmth and they tickle you. Everyone has a good time."

8 comments:

R.E.H. said...

I wonder what I girl would say when I buy her THAT piece of jewelry...

Cooper said...

Sure...tell me AFTER Valentine's Day...

Rebecca Hickman: said...

Lucky bug.

odd facts said...

r.e.h: My reaction: $80?!!!
cooper: sorry :)
rebecca hickman: Maybe not so lucky people who have to care for the cockroach though.

InnerNinja said...

that's beyond goth. i would buy one for 89 cents, though.

odd facts said...

innerninja: But would you wear it?

Debbie said...

Eeewww...
Why can't we make jewellery from soft, furry kittens and bunnies? Live ones, of course.

I remember seeing this on one of those CSI shows.

odd facts said...

I would buy a kitten if it sat on my shoulder for hours.