WARNING!!!


From the book: World's Dumbest Signs, Ads and Newspaper Headlines:

Actual Warning Labels:

  • life saving device: "WARNING! This is NOT a life saving device."
  • child superman costume: "WARNING! Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
  • a bar of soap: "WARNING! Directions: Use like regular soap."
  • toilet cleaner: "WARNING! Safe to use around pets and children, although it is not recommended that either be permitted to drink from toilet."
  • blanket: "WARNING! Not to be used as protection from a tornado."
  • hotel shower-cap: "WARNING! Fits one head."
  • Christmas lights: "WARNING! For indoor or outdoor use only."
  • wheelbarrow: "WARNING! Do not use when temperature exceeds 140 degrees Fahrenheit."

11 comments:

R.E.H. said...

Those were some seriously funny WARNING labels...

My favorite was the Christmas lights... ok - so where is it that I should NOT use them?

And the soap one made me think of a scene in David Lynch's Eraserhead.

"Do I cut'em up like regular chicken?"

Karen said...

lol. My favorite is the blanket. Why wouldn't it protect you from a tornado?

Debbie said...

I've got a visual of two guys trying to fit into 1 shower cap. Ah...

But, this certainly says something about a litigous (sp?) society, doesn't it?

odd facts said...

I wonder how it is decided what to put on the labels. Is it some board meeting somewhere with a brainstorm on everything they could be sued for?

My favorites are the blankets and wheelbarrow.

Grillman and Luna said...

signs, signs
everywhere are signs
clogging up the highways
blocking my mind
or something like that

our personal Blog of Note
for the day

40 Forever said...

I like the superman costume and the Christmas light warnings the best.
Crazy world we live in.

OpenYourEyes said...

I think I agree with the "brainstorming about everything they could be sued for."

Baba Doodlius said...

I think some of these are just the tag-writing people having some fun.

I once had a shirt that had something like this as the laundering instructions (and I'm not making this up):

"For best results, machine wash warm with like colors.

For not-so-good results: drag behind car through puddles and blow-dry on roof rack."

That was a great shirt.

odd facts said...

grillamn and luna: awe. shucks.
40 forever: That's what makes it fun
openyoureyes: It has to be.
baba doodlius: I want a shirt like that!!!!!!

Carlyyy said...

K I have a question... where else would you put your lights? You could put them indoors yes and it says that but you could also put them outdoors and it says you can do that as well but seriously where else would you put the lights!?!?

odd facts said...

carlyy: In doorways?