don't play with your food


Apparently, there is a First Viennese Vegetable Orchestra. They play about 20-30 concerts a year and have 11 musicians, 1 video person and 1 sound technician. And yes, all of their instruments are made out of actual vegetables: "carrot flutes, pumpkin basses, leek violins, leek-zucchini-vibrators, cucumberophones and celery bongos." After the end of each performance, the vegetables are made into a soup and served to the audience.

Here is a video of a performance. Here is an audio clip. And here are pictures of their instruments.

7 comments:

R.E.H. said...

Ok, that proves it... there's a market for everything ;)

Actually, it didn't sound too bad there towards the end of that video. Kind of made me wanna tap my foot a little ;)

satire and theology said...

High fibre...music?

No top 40 hits for these guys.:)

odd facts said...

I admit it. I secretly want to go. It would give me something interesting to bring up in conversations.

coltfan said...

haven't those folks learned not to play with your food.

Baba Doodlius said...

"Leek-zucchini-vibrators" does not really make me think of music for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Apologies is spelled wrong. Adrenaline is spelled wrong. Did you ever go to school? Are you an illiterate moron? I'd be embarrassed.

odd facts said...

Yes I did go to school. Thank for your thoughtful input, and please don't be embarrassed.