Potatoes!


Apparently, there is a Mashed Potato Wrestling Federation. Their events are held in Barnesville, Minnesota and Clark, South Dakota. In this competition, the wrestlers combat in a giant tub of mashed potatoes. Eric Hanson comments: "After they are all done getting [the mashed potatoes] out of their crevices, it will be fed to cows."
The undefeated reigning world champion Steve-O Gratin justifies the choice of mashed potatoes: "We'd go to Japan, we'd wrestle in sushi. We go to Boston, it's clam chowder."
And lest you think that this sport is not tough, Yukon Golden Boy shares his strategy: "Well I do a little thing called the mashed potato where I pick up a handful, and I pick up another handful, and I put it in the guy's ears, and I shake his head. Generally that works my opponent into submission."Afrodisiac also shares a strategy, - "My Afro prevent[s] all potatoes from actually entering near my scalp.
The competition is also tough. Rowdy Rowdy Potato, who wears a superman outfit, laments: "I'm un-undefeated....I've never won."
"You can never train enough for mashed potato wrestling," warns Steve-O-Gratin.
Many interesting videos of mashed potato wrestling posted on the official MPWF blog.

8 comments:

kasper794 said...

I think I'll stick to watching WWE wrestling. That's too weird even for me.

coltfan said...

that looks like it would be nasty fun lmao

odd facts said...

I think this would be more entertaining than WWE wrestling. And I do secretly want to try it. It would be sooo messy!

Steven Yoo said...

You can try on me, odd facts. I'm very used to be threw down. -_-;

odd facts said...

In Mashed Potatoes?!
I'd have to think up a costume. I could be a potato bug, a potato peeler, a heart-burn tablet, a dollop of sour cream, a gravy ladle...

Leon said...

At least they put the potatos to good use after the wrestlings!

odd facts said...

Interestingly enough, the potato mixture not supposed to be edible for humans. One of the contestants said that breathing it in was like breathing in cement.

Nick Naim said...

Where did they say that? You're not supposed to breathe it.